After I’ve been searching alot I finally mananged it to delete MySQL from my Macbook pro.
First you need to edit the file in: /etc/hostconfig and remove the line
Since this is a system file I advise you to open it with nano in terminal:
- Open Terminal
- sudo nano /etc/hostconfig
- Enter your password if you’re not authed yet.
- Delete the following line: “MYSQLCOM=-YES-”
- CTRL+X (This is the command for closing NANO, Enter the “Y” key to save the file and exit nano).
Make sure MySQL is not running.
- Open Terminal and copy and paste and run the following commands:
sudo rm /usr/local/mysql sudo rm -rf /usr/local/mysql* sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/MySQL* sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/mysql* sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/MySQL* sudo rm /etc/my.cnf
MySQL is now removed from your MAC.
Edit 26-02-2009: Maarten van der Pee wrote a comment that it’s allso needed to delete the my.conf, I added it to the list of commands. Thanks Maarten!